1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet.
2. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Stir until blended. Gradually stir in sugar, salt and enough flour to form a soft and slightly sticky dough.
3. Turn dough onto a well-floured board. Knead 5-7 minutes. Add remaining flour until dough no longer sticks to hands.
4. Cut dough in half and then each half into 6 even pieces (12 altogether).
5. Cover with damp cloth for 10 min.
6. Roll between hands to get a roll 35 cm long. Make a pretzel shape and insert fingers into holes to enlarge them.
7. Place 8 cm apart on a cookie sheet; mix together water and egg from Part 2 ingredients, brush evenly on all pretzels. Sprinkle with salt and bake 15-20 minutes.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!